Making Brownie for the Gala
Room 13 and 14 spent the morning baking!
We made delicious chocolate brownie to sell at the gala.
Thanks to Anna for helping Room 14.
It smelt so good that we just had to try a little piece to make sure it was cooked to perfection.
Look out for Room 14's cake box at the cake stall on Sunday!
Here is the recipe if you want to make it at home!
Room 13 and 14’s
Chocolate Brownie Recipe
· 320g butter, melted
· 1 1/4 cups cocoa
· 7 eggs
· 3 cups sugar
· 1 tsp vanilla essence
· 1 1/2 - 2 cups chocolate chips/drops (dark is best)
· 1 1/4 cups plain flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· Icing sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Line a large baking tin/roasting dish
3. Melt the butter in a large bowl
4. Using an electric mixer, beat cocoa into melted butter
5. Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla, and whiz with electric mixer for 3-4 mins until the mixture begins to whip up in volume (about double)
6. Using a wooden spoon/rubber spatula, mix in the chocolate chips/drops
7. Sift flour and baking powder in; stir until fully combined
8. Pour into lined baking tin; give it a gentle shake to even out the mixture.
9. Bake in oven at 160C for about 1 hour, until an inserted skewer comes clean.
10. Leave to cool in tin for about 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool further.
11. If you want to make them look extra fancy, sift icing sugar over the top.